Teeth and gums are very important parts in our body, just like all other parts, they also need good nutrition to function properly. Some specific nutrients are the most beneficial for the teeth and gums. Vitamin D is crucial in our health, but it’s really important if we want healthy teeth as well. The main reason is it helps within our body to absorb calcium better.
Some of the best Healthy foods for teeth and gums:
- Milk, Yogurt and Cheese: Dairy Products are Excellent for the teeth because they have high calcium content, a mineral that helps strengthen bones, but they are also excellent for the gums.
- Pepper and Citrus Fruits: Vitamin C is also high in vegetables like peppers of all colors and acidic fruits such as oranges, kiwis, pineapple, and strawberries.
- Green Tea: Try drinking a cup of green tea daily to give your gums a healthy boost.
- Green Leafy Vegetables: Vegetables such as kale and spinach are packed with healthy vitamins and minerals for the mouth. Specifically, they contain vitamin C, which increases the production of red blood cells and reduces inflammation.
- Onions: Onions have been proved to be a fantastic food for healthy gums because they neutralize oral bacteria.