Dry mouth, medically known as xerostomia, is a very common problem faced by many. Dryness in the mouth can be due to a change in the composition of saliva or reduced salivary flow.
Tips for controlling dry mouth:
- Eat Sugar free gums.
- Take low quantity of caffeine
- Don't use mouthwashes that contain alcohol
- Stop using of smoking and alcohol
- Sip water regularly
- Try over-the-counter saliva substitutes
- Use mouthwashes designed for dry mouth
- Breathe through your nose, not from mouth.
- Avoid sugary or acidic foods and drinks.
- Brush with a fluoride toothpaste.
- Use a fluoride Tooth brush.
- Visit your dentist frequently if need.